Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shahid Afridi comes out of international retirement



Shahid Afridi says he has come out of international retirement and will be available for selection for Pakistan's one-day team.
worldtopsportnews.blogspot.com_afridi


Afridi retired in May in protest at the Pakistan Cricket Board, following a public row with coach Waqar Younis.

Younis has since quit his role and Ijaz Butt has been replaced as board chairman by Zaka Ashraf.
"I didn't as such retire, I only said I wouldn't play under the previous board," said Afridi.
"I had problems with the previous board and team management and I had made it clear they didn't allow me to enjoy my cricket for Pakistan.

"Now that the board and team management set-ups are changed I am ready to play for my country and available for selection. I feel I still have a few years of cricket left in me."
Afridi, who led his team to the 2011 World Cup semi-finals, added: "My only desire is to play for Pakistan again and I welcome the new chairman of the board and am confident he will improve things in Pakistan cricket."

Afridi, who has played in 27 tests and 325 one-day matches, has had a controversial career and was banned and fined twice by the International Cricket Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment

;