Monday, October 3, 2011

Castleford's Rangi Chase called up to England squad

Castleford stand-off Rangi Chase has been called up to the England training squad ahead of the Four Nations.

worldtopsportnews.blogspot.com_sports picture1

Although born in New Zealand, Chase qualifies to play for England on residency grounds.
Getting selected for England will be my greatest honour
Rangi Chase

The Rugby Football League are now in the process of confirming Chase's eligibility for the tournament.
Chase said: "Getting selected for England will be my greatest honour. I want to do everything I can to help England achieve international success."
England take on Wales, Australia and New Zealand in the tournament.
Chase will join up with the train-on squad this week as preparations continue for this month's Four Nations.
England coach Steve McNamara said: "It's excellent news that Rangi wants to play for England and commit his long-term future to our international programme.
"His presence will add great competition for places. I am really looking forward to working with him."
Chase, who came to England in 2008, has been one of the outstanding players in the 2011 Super League. Last week he signed a new contract with Castleford until 2015.
"I have thought long and hard about the opportunity of playing for England after I became eligible to play," Chase added.
"I approached Steve McNamara and explained that I wanted to play for England and more importantly show my commitment. England, and in particular Castleford, is my home now and I want to lay my long-term roots here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

;