Saturday, November 12, 2011

No risk of Everton row over Phil Jagielka, says Capello


England coach Fabio Capello insists he is not risking a row with Everton by playing Phil Jagielka against Spain.

No risk of Everton row over Phil Jagielka, says Capello

Jagielka broke his toe in Everton's win at Fulham last month and has required injections in order to play in their last two games.

But he will face the World Cup holders, while fully fit John Terry is rested.
Capello said: "I always speak with the player and I ask, can you play? Are you 100% - not 90%, but 100%? Are you are ready? He said yes."



The Football Association insists it is not aware of any concerns from Everton about Jagielka's selection.

Jagielka's training has been restricted since he suffered the injury.
And coach Fabio Capello said: "He said he's OK and said 'If you decide, I'm ready to play'. He trained normally without an injection.

"I have always done two things in my career before I decide about a player. I always speak with the doctors. I ask the doctor whether they can play or not. He says he can."

Capello added: "After that, I decided to put the player on the pitch. I will decide but I asked the player to be clear. The player said: 'Yes, I want to play.' I didn't say: 'You must play.' That's a big difference. We need to be clear."

Jagielka will partner his former Everton team-mate Joleon Lescott in central defence in the absence of Terry, while Liverpool's Glen Johnson returns at right-back.

Manchester United's Phil Jones, who played at right-back in the 2-2 draw in Montenegro that confirmed England's qualification for Euro 2012, will be alongside Frank Lampard - captain in place of Terry - in midfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

;