Friday, November 11, 2011

Injury forces Novak Djokovic to pull out of Paris Masters

Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from the Paris Masters due to a shoulder injury - and apologised to fans who bought tickets to watch him play.

Injury forces Novak Djokovic to pull out of Paris Masters

World number one Djokovic was due to face Jo-Wilfried Tsonga after defeating fellow Serbian Viktor Troicki.

But Djokovic has pulled out after complaining of a sore shoulder.
"I am very sorry for all of you who bought tickets and wanted to come and watch me play,"



Djokovic has enjoyed a stunning year, winning three Grand Slam titles - the Australian Open, Wimbledon and US Open - as well as reaching the semi-finals of the French Open.

"My season has been long and tiring, I played all of my matches at my highest level, and now my body is aching for recovery," added the 24-year-old.

"I have pushed myself to the limit by playing and, after the match yesterday, my shoulder got worse.

"For this reason, I have to put my health first and withdraw - even though my urges as a professional player are making me want to play until the last drop of energy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

;